Sunday, February 15, 2015

Spring Collection of Geometry Dresses

Both Spring Collection of Geometry Dresses and Value Study of an Egg were in the Art Science Gallery's 2nd Annual ATC Show and Fundraiser of 2014.  Here I dressed this glamorous lady in my grandmother's geometry homework. I also experimented with hand stitching in the collage, which was a lot of fun!  It was an honor to have this piece included in the show's logo, and I look forward to next year's show.

Spring Collection of Geometry Dresses
collage on paper
3.5"x2.5", 2014




Value Study of an Egg
pen and ink on paper
2.5"x3.5", 2014

For Value Study of an Egg, I used a technique called stippling, in which all of the shadows are made up of tiny dots with a fine tipped marker.  While I've been mostly working in collage for the past year, it was fun to get back to drawing a little bit.  I found that the stippling process has the qualities of a meditation, the gratifying one of being pulled into a zone, and the frustrating one of demanding a lot of patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment